PEOPLe, Inc. is proud to be leading Dutchess County’s efforts to create a hospital- & jail-diversion system that better serves people in crisis because of mental health & substance use issues.
The centerpiece of this project is the forthcoming Crisis Stabilization & Wellness Center, to be located at 230 North Road in Poughkeepsie, NY.
The Center will work as an walk-in / drop-off (for law enforcement) center for people in crisis. It will provide the following integrated services:
- minor medical care
- 23-hour observation units
- clinical crisis counseling
- substance use detox
- a sobering unit
- peer services
- living room respites for adults or families
- care coordination
- co-located resources & social services
- direct connections to more resources when needed.
This project aligns completely with & augments current local, New York State, and Federal efforts to:
- Prevent avoidable hospital admissions & recidivism;
- Reduce unnecessary overcrowding in local jails due to un- or underaddressed mental/behavioral health needs; and
- Achieve the Triple Aim of: (1) improving care experiences; (2) improving health outcomes; and (3) creating better value for consumers.